With Spring Break a mere four days away, my ability to conjure up new, poignant and philosophically-resonant ideas for the ol’ blog has dried up completely. These 250 words are dedicated to the same pursuit as the past three weeks–slog through and let the thought of a week off carry me into the homestretch.
So, here’s what I’m excited for over Spring Break:
- For those of you who are longtime followers of my blog (and I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t be), you know that I’m a huge fan of Andrew Rea’s “Binging With Babish” series. I’ve got Rea’s cookbook and I’m armed with a collection of recipes I’ve pulled from the New York Times–all I need is to get out of my dorm and into a place with a kitchen. I can’t wait to get home and try out some of the foods from the silver screen. Up first? The strudel from “Inglorious Basterds” and Il Timpano from “Big Night”.
- My family is heading to Chicago for a few days over break and that means a stop at Portillo’s, home of some top-notch dogs. I spent a weekend in Chicago with my best friends last Spring Break and my diet consisted heavily of these. Personally, I’m partial to New York style pizza, but you can’t beat a Chicago dog.
- The jewel in the crown of our Chicago trip is going to be, without a doubt, seeing a performance of Hamilton. I know every word of the soundtrack (not a bluff, you can test me on it) and I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am to get to see it onstage at the PrivateBank Theatre.
Craving more blog-tastic action? Here are some swell links to tide you over until after the break!
- Feeling a feel-good? Check out “Fitting In”, a photo story! From the mind of a producer who didn’t quite make the cut for USC comes a heartwarming tale of finding our place that will keep you occupied for a good 40 seconds.
- Out for something ooky-spooky? Shiver as you read “Tales of Greybriar House”! One man’s attempt to spruce up a glorified mad-lib exercise has never been so spine-tingling.
- Penchant for pornography? Shame on you. Go read my recap of Dr. Samuel Perry’s “Porn-Again Christians” lecture and delete your browser history while you’re at it.
- Are you an alphabet amateur, always adamantly aspiring to alliterate almost as adroitly as this awe-inspiring adept? Can’t help you. Some have got it, others don’t.